Thursday 5 April 2012

The End of the Social Media Tunnel!

Well, what an adventure we have had navigating the murky paths of Social Media, but I think we've come to the end of the journey!  I have discovered a great tool called Seesmic from which you can manage and moniter multiple social media streams all at once.  So you can post once, but in many places simultaneously, and you are offered many more options than just Facebook, Twitter and so on.  It is not perfect, but it is a good enough solution to my posting issues (which included both duplicate posts, or no posts depending upon which time you're referring to in my trials and tribulations of syncing things!)  Seesmic has also mentioned other forms of social communication that I've not heard of but to be honest, at this point in time I do not have the inclination or the necessary oomph to explore those options at this point in time.  I think my roller coaster ride into the world of Social Media has just about reached it's final conclusion - and I shall leave those avenues unexplored for now.  I am happy to report that my venture into Flickr was relatively harmless and quite painless in comparison to previous forays - I managed to sort out my photos and upload them with a minimum of shrieking and gnashing of teeth, and I have to say I am quite satisfied with the result.  More importantly, I now have a gallery on my website again showcasing some of my work - which, you may recall was the whole reason for my initial foray into Social Media - I wanted to overhaul and revamp my website, which is now complete, and therefore, dear reader one is quite a happy bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Spire Face Painting is a Chesterfield based family business priding ourselves on providing customers with quality, personal artistic service to Chesterfield, Sheffield and surrounding districts. We offer face painting, glitter and fun tattoos in a unique way - blending artistry and entertainment. We only use non-toxic products ideal for sensitive skin and easy to remove using warm soapy water or a baby wipe. Our stylish new glitter tattoos simply wipe off with oil or oil-based products (eg olive oil; baby oil; some shower gels). We are available for many different functions including: birthday parties; community functions; girls night in or out; charity fund-raising events; make-up and special effects; theme parties; hen nights. Our artist is fully CRB checked, and has current public liability insurance. As each occasion has different requirements, we quote for each occasion specifically. The only thing that never changes is our personal service and attention to quality. For further information please contact us on: Mobile: 077 1977 8122 Email: info@spirefacepainting.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/Spirefp Twitter: @spirefp; @thespirefp